Kinomap in Virtual Reality : How to set up any VR or AR headset like the Oculus Quest , HTC Cosmos Elite, Sony Vuzix, Nreal and more
As mixed reality comes into its own, these are the best headsets for an immersive consumer experience.
If you have an Oculus Quest or similar, you can pair your headset or glasses to Kinomap, to experience a nice immersive training.
Here the following steps to set up everything for your trainings :
- Connect Kinomap to your exercise equipment (in that case, your rowing equipment) as a regular training session. If you don’t know how to connect your device to your equipment, please, check the following link : https://support.kinomap.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015523411-How-to-connect-my-equipment-for-the-first-time-
- Select the training session you desire (in that case, it should be a rowing training).
- Then, before clicking on « start », click on « remote display ».
- Follow the instruction for the « remote display » mode.
If you never heard about the remote display, please, check the following link :
- On your headset, go to the browser inside the Oculus, and put the URL in the browser. The link is : : https://remote.Kinomap.com. Use the security code which Kinomap gives to you . Then, your headset and your device will be paired !
- Go ahead and start your work out on your phone and it will be projected on the browser headsets screen with workout data from your exercise equipment also displayed
- For a better immersion, and a better experience, please, turn on « non-VR mode » on the headset browser.
- the curved screen in “non-VR mode” in the headset browser gives a very realistic/ immersive view.