The simulation engine has been introduced in our Android and iOS indoor training apps in Winter 2015. It's the default mode now but it's optional for many equipment. When using this mode, the calculations are the same for all kind of equipment, as long as they provide the Watts produced. It is based on the user weight, the frontal area of his body, the aerodynamics of his bike, and most important on his previous speed (kinetic speed). It allows operating a fair comparison between the performances produced from different models of fitness/cycling equipment, not relying on the manufacturer's engine.
Articles in this section
- I have troubles connecting to Multiplayer sessions.
- I have an elliptical, what kind of activity is it?
- What is the profile training?
- How to add a video to a playlist?
- How to apply a filter on the video search?
- How to search a video by country?
- What is the meaning of the colors in the elevation chart?
- Discovery versus Challenge modes
- Can I change the language?
- How is calculated the bike speed in the training apps?